Monday 10 September 2018

Small Business Gifts!


As well as hunting for board games, I am always on the lookout for game-related gifts that I can bestow upon my game-loving friends and family. Scrolling through Instagram can reveal some interesting items, and I often discover new games or TV shows that way. A few weeks ago I saw that Ashleigh at 8 Bit Canvas was making game-inspired pixelated creations, using perler beads and her whimsical designs. Her work has a quirky and retro look, and they make great gifts. 

I recently commissioned Ashleigh to make the cute Pandemic germs, based on the designs from Meeple Source, and the finished pieces look fantastic. I chose to have fridge magnets but she can also produce the pieces in a frame for a more sophisticated aesthetic. 


With Christmas and birthdays coming up, this is a nice alternative to shop-bought gifts. It supports small business and gives people something a little different in the stocking. Check out her shop here.


Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment